Roanoke Alumnae Chapter of
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
The purpose of our scholarship program is to encourage high school seniors (male or female) to attend a college or university. This scholarship program provides financial assistance to college-bound seniors that exemplify academic excellence, community involvement, and leadership. Applicants must attend high school in the RAC service area to be eligible for scholarship.
Roanoke Alumnae Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority 2021 Scholarship Information
The application deadline for the 2021 Roanoke Alumnae Chapter Scholarship is April 15, 2021. Please note that all applications and supporting materials (including transcripts and letters of reference) must be MAILED to the Roanoke Alumnae Chapter at our post office box . The address is provided on the application and can also be found above. Please DO NOT hand deliver your application to any Roanoke Alumnae Chapter member.
1. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and reside in the Roanoke Alumnae Chapter’s service area, which include the following locations: Roanoke City, Roanoke County, City of Salem, Franklin County, Botetourt County, Town of Bedford, Town of Vinton, Covington, Lexington, City of Radford and the counties of Montgomery, Pulaski and Giles
2. The completed application packet MUST BE MAILED to the chapter’s post office box (address above) and postmarked by April 15, 2021 the deadline date.
3. Parts I-VI and the signatures (signed in ink) of the student and parent must be completed by all applicants. Omission of any part will eliminate the application from consideration.
4. Individuals applying for a scholarship must:
A. Be a graduating high school senior about to enter a 2- year/4- year accredited institution of higher learning
B. Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 or above
C. Must be an African American Student
5. All Scholarship Awards will be granted upon confirmation of registration in a college or university for summer or regular term of the fiscal year for which the scholarship is granted.
6. Awards are to be used for tuition and/or school expenses and are for ONE school year only.
To complete application go to this link Delta Sigma Theta Scholarship 2021 complete the application, then copy and mail to:
Roanoke Alumnae Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta
P O Box 6658
Roanoke, VA 24017